At Demeter Fertility we have been continuing to monitor the worldwide coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak. Our Company COVID-19 Response Team has been actively monitoring the evolving global impact of the virus, as well as responding to the latest advice & recommendations from the Australian Department of Health and the Fertility Society of Australia regarding fertility treatment.
Due to the escalating measures being implemented with regards to public safety and in light of the Australian Government cancelling Category 2 & 3 elective surgery, we have reluctantly made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all treatments until further notice. Those patients who are currently undergoing a fertility cycle with us will be able to complete their current cycle treatment.
At Demeter Fertility we recognise that there may be medical circumstances where delaying treatment may not be advisable. Please contact our team to arrange a tele-consultation and our Doctors will advise if there are medical grounds to commence treatment now.
The team at Demeter Fertility understand that the fertility treatment journey can, at times, be emotional, complicated and challenging and thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
Patient & staff safety is paramount. We provide this information in an attempt to help you understand why we have taken the decisions we have and how this impacts you.
Demeter Fertility’s current position is as follows:
- Due to escalating measures and concerns surrounding public safety and the Australian Government cancelling all Category 2 & 3 elective surgery which includes IVF services, we will be temporarily suspending services.
- Tele-consultations will remain available for all patients so that we able to plan for your treatment and proceed when the clinic re-opens.
- Patients currently in treatment are able complete their current cycle, subject to any further update from the Australian Government.
Please contact us on 1300 899 850 should you wish to discuss your personal situation. If you are currently in a cycle and due to come to the clinic, please do not come if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- You are currently in isolation.
- You've have had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- You have a fever, a cough or flu like symptoms.
At Demeter Fertility, we can assure you that we aim to be able to restart new treatment cycles as soon as we are able.
The symptoms of Covid-19 Symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, and difficulty breathing. Difficulty breathing is a sign of possible pneumonia and requires immediate medical attention.
It can take up to 14 days for symptoms to show after a person has been infected. A person is considered infectious for 48 hours before symptoms show and up to 48 hours after symptoms resolve.
If you are feeling unwell, for advice or guidance please call:
Australia-Health direct 1800 022 222