Demeter Fertility's Sydney IVF clinics are equipped with the state of the art technology for fertility treatment. We provide the high-end treatments that form the backbone of any IVF Clinic, including IVF, ICSI, sperm procedures.
Now, not everyone needs this, but it’s great to know that it is available when there are no other options to improve your chances of having a baby. This page lists the types of treatments provided at Demeter Fertility with a short summary of what they are.
- Intercourse Timing; Learn the best time to have sex if you're trying to conceive. Figure out when you're ovulating and exactly when to have intercourse.
- Ovulation Induction; The use of hormonal therapy to stimulate egg development and release (called ovulation). These drugs are designed to induce ovulation mainly in women who did not ovulate on their own, typically women with irregular menstrual cycles, with the goal of producing an egg.
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) also called Assisted Insemination; Intrauterine insemination is a means whereby a woman can achieve pregnancy not involving sexual intercourse. IUI is the deliberate introduction of sperm into a female's uterus for the purpose of achieving a pregnancy
- In-vitro insemination (IVF); In vitro fertilisation is a reproductive technology in which an egg is removed from a woman, joined with a sperm cell from a man in a test tube (in vitro). The cells fuse to form single cell, which then starts dividing, becoming an embryo. When the embryo is only a few cells large, it is implanted in the woman's uterus, and, if all the necessary parts are present, will develop into an embryo, a foetus and then a baby.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is an in-vitro insemination procedure in which a single sperm is injected directly into an egg. ICSI is performed as part of the IVF process and occurs after the procedure to extract one to several oocytes from a woman. We routinely use PICSI in all cases, and at no additional cost.
- Embryo Freezing; Embryo cryopreservation (the process of freezing, storage and thawing embryos) can enhance pregnancy rates by allowing excess embryos not replaced in a fresh embryo transfer to be stored for future use.
- Egg Freezing; Human oocyte cryopreservation (egg freezing) is a new technology in which a woman's eggs (oocytes) are extracted, frozen and stored. Later, when she is ready to become pregnant, the eggs can be thawed, fertilised using IVF techniques, and transferred to the uterus as embryos.
- Ovarian tissue freezing for fertility preservation; Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue for women who want fertility preservation beyond the natural limit, or whose reproductive potential is threatened by cancer therapy.
- Sperm Freezing; The technical term for this is semen cryopreservation (also commonly called sperm banking) and it is a procedure to preserve sperm cells. Sperm can be used successfully indefinitely after cryopreservation. For human sperm, the longest reported successful storage is 21 years.
- Donor Eggs and Sperm; Demeter Fertility offers a comprehensive donor service. We are experts in this area and deal with known donors as well as donor eggs or sperm from our affiliated donor banks.
- Fertility options before cancer treatment.
- Surgical sperm retrieval; This is a surgical procedure where sperm is extracted from the testicles when no sperm can be found in the semen.
- Demeter Fertility utilises a number of IVF techniques tailored to our patients needs including Lipiodol IVF, Natural IVF, Mild Ovarian Stimulation and Conventional IVF.
Ready to take the next step?
If you would like to meet with one of our fertility specialists, book an appointment today by calling 1300 899 850.
Or if you have any questions please contact us and we'll be in touch.