Access to world class fertility treatments and services should not be impeded by where you live. At Demeter Fertility we have partnered with local providers and implemented new software, technology and processes to allow patients from remote locations, interstate and even International to be able to undertake treatment with our clinic.
Our current patient base includes many couples and single women from Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, regional NSW and even New Zealand, the US, Namibia and Austria.
The patient journey is similar to attending a clinic locally to you, however all appointments take place virtually with your treating doctor, we source local pathology and ultrasound clinics to minimise your travel and impact on your daily life and work with pharmacists across the country to ensure you can locally access your medications or have them delivered directly to you. The only time you will need to travel to our clinic location in Sydney is to undergo an egg collection, embryo transfer or other surgical services with your doctor.
The lead time for travel is generally no more than 48-72 hours notice, which can understandably be difficult to manage. To help relieve some of the stress in organising travel with very little notice, Demeter Fertility have partnered with Travelodge, Hurstville, to offer accommodation at short notice at a heavily discounted price.
Travel Lodge is located a convenient 200m from our Hurstville clinic and a short walk to Waratah Private Hospital, both of which are the locations our doctors perform your egg collections or embryo transfers.
Use the link below to receive a discount on your booking:
You can absolutely become a patient of Demeter Fertility, with all appointments available virtually, we will work with you to ensure your blood tests, ultrasounds and medications can be locally sourced to minimise the travel requirements and impacts on you.
1. Attend an appointment with one of our specialists via zoom or FaceTime
2. Undertake blood tests as recommended by your doctor at your local pathology centre, your doctor will email your pathology form after your appointment.
3. Attend a follow up appointment via FaceTime or zoom to discuss your results and treatment options
4. Begin your cycle which will include;
- Blood tests performed at your local pathology centre
- Ultrasounds for follicular tracking at a local centre to you, a report is sent to our clinic on the same day for our doctors to review. There may be a cost associated with this scan depending o your local centre
- Travel to Sydney for your egg collection - stay at the travel lodge!
- You can either extend your stay for an embryo transfer 3-5 days after your egg collection or travel back for a second stay.
5. A pathology form for your pregnancy test will be provided at your transfer appointment or can be emailed to you, take this on the specified day and wait for us to call you with a result.
If you would prefer to see the doctor in person we can book you a traditional appointment and work with you for a convenient time and location to work with your travel requirements. Our virtual and remote options are purely offered in an attempt to relieve some of the stress associated with travel.
Medicare offer national coverage so your eligibility and rebates do not change regardless of the clinic or doctor you see for treatment.
Demeter Fertility abides by RTAC, NSW and Australian based legislation. State-based legislation or regulations are not relevant to Demeter Fertility practice, this includes VARTA.
ON Your Trip To Sydney:
Demeter Fertility and Travelodge Hurstville are conveniently located in Hurstville, just 16 km south of the Sydney CBD. We’re situated within walking distance of the Hurstville train station, as well as a bustling local community of shops and restaurants. Local landmarks such as the Westfield Hurstville, Hurstville Aquatic Leisure Center, and the Kogarah Golf Course are all easily accessible by public transport. You can also take the train to Sydney city or the picturesque Cronulla Beach for a day of sightseeing and relaxation.
25mins via train from Hurstville Station
20mins via train from Hurstville Station
> 250m from Travelodge
Cherub Specialty Coffee
400m from Travelodge
> 100m from Travelodge
Travelodge Terms & Conditions:
- Rates and room types are valid until 31st December 2024.
- Rates and room types over hotel’s demand periods are subject to availability.
- Rate offered is on Non-LRA ( Non- Last room availability)
- Rates are valid for both business and leisure travel.
- Rates apply to single, twin and double occupancy per room, per night and are inclusive of GST.
- Australian hotels rates are quoted in Australian dollars and New Zealand hotels are quoted in New Zealand dollars.
- Rates are applicable for bookings of up to five (5) rooms. Bookings greater than five (5) rooms are subject to individual
- As the market opens up and considering the uncertain travel volumes and requirements for 2024, the room nights are
indicative only and are based on estimated annual (12 months) room night productivity of 75 room nights – refer to ‘annual room nights’ column per hotel. Production will be evaluated after the first quarter of the contracted period to evaluate future travel patterns for the rest of the year. Quarterly check ins will be set up to discuss travel progress through the year
- All incidental charges (car parking, breakfast rates, internet etc.) are subject to change without notice.
- Surcharge applies for all credit card payment made for both individual and group bookings. 1.2% for Visa, Master Cards,
UnionPay and American Express and 2.5% for Diners and JCB Cards.
Contact our dedicated team at Demeter Fertility